Planning to Make Money Using YouTube Know This First
Learn how to do the followings:
- Set up and Build your channel.
- Upload content (videos).
- Gain an audience (viewers and subscribers).
- Enable monetization in the Video Manager.
- Accumulate 4000 hours of watch time and 1000 subscribers.
- Set up Google Adsense set on your channel.
- Market your videos elsewhere online.
How to Set up and Build your channel.
The first steps to take when planning or thinking of how to make money using YouTube is to set up and build your YouTube channel, your channel is your office on YouTube platform. YouTube account has one channel attached to it when opened and is the same as a Google account. Creating one YouTube account will give you access to other Google products like gmail and Drive.
Important Notice When Setting up YouTube Account
- You can create a new account or use your existing one. By adding keywords will help people find your channel on YouTube. You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced section of your Channel Settings and make sure that your keywords are relevant to the content in your channel.
- The user name can also work pretty way for you or against you. If your user name is short, easy to remember, and original, people will be more appropriate to remember you.
- If you are using an existing account, you can always change your username by editing it on your Google+ account to suite your choice and demand.
How to Make Money Using YouTube
YouTube is one real money making platform online today, making money using YouTube comes in different categories and they are as follows:
- Become YouTube Partner and make money using Adsence
- Make money on YouTube by selling products or merchandise.
- Crowdfund your next creative project.
- Let your audience support your work through “fan funding”.
- License your content to the media.
- Work with brands as an influencer or affiliate.
Becoming a YouTube Partner and make money using Adsence
The basic way to make money using YouTube after setting up your channel is becoming a Partner, “partner program”, this YouTube partner program allows you to make money using YouTube by monetization of videos in your YouTube channel and make pretty cash with the help of Google adsence.
Steps on how to Monetized YouTube Videos and make money
- Sign in to your YouTube account with your username/email and password.
- Select your account icon at the top right corner in the account dashboard.
- Click on Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel, Status and features
- Click on “Enable” in the Monetization section.
- Follow the on-screen step by step guide to accept YouTube’s Terms.
Note: It’s very important to know that before making money using YouTube after monetization of your YouTube videos, you need to have an account called “Google Adsence Account” this account serve as a gate way to your payment in YouTube as it allows you to run ads on your channel. Once you hit 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the past year your payment will be activated for you to start making money using YouTube.
Important Question Always Asked
Dose YouTube determines earnings by the numbers of subscribers and viewers? The answer is capital letters “NO”, YouTube dose not determined solely by the number of subscribers and views you have in your channel but by the level of engagement you generate online. It is very important to note that subscribers counts also matters, don’t see it as if it doesn’t matters.
Understand Your Audience Demographics
Audience Demographic has to do with the information about your subscribers, viewers or people engaged in your YouTube channel with this information, it will be able to puts you in a great position to monetize in a variety of ways. This can only be of help once you understand the makeup of your audience. The followings are information you need to understand about audience demographics:
- Watch time
- Graphical location
Note: The combinations of the both above will help create more accurate picture and understanding about your audience in YouTube channel. With the above information in place, you’ll be able to have a better understanding about your audience.